Monday 15 August 2011

It's Monday

Monday, first day of the week.. Gotta prepare to go to work.. Hope traffic will not be too bad today.. My scheduler showed that today is going to be a busy day..

Talking about work, when I was 27 years old, err..  13 years ago, I attended a job interview and the interviewer (which was the boss) asked about my aspiration.  I told her that I wanted to be a Head of Department by the time I turned 40.  Well, 8 years later, but in another company, I met my target of becoming a Head of Department - at 35 years old.  At that age, I was proud with my achievements. But 1 thing for sure, a big position in a company somehow will result to sleepless nights, office politics, impossible expectations from the boss and many more that made me so unhappy...

I then applied for another position in another company.  A whole different level of responsibilities.  I was a somebody and now a nobody!!! Do I like it?  Well, to tell you the truth I felt really "small" because I am not that important person anymore.  People don't look for me when there are problems.  But, what makes me happy right now is that I can have a good sleep at night.  I can go for my hols with family without guilt.  I can have the weekend without thinking that I have paperworks to complete..

I have changed my priorities..  It is now about calmness in life.. I want to be happy and I do not like to put a long face at work.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment